I have created an integrated lesson plan that combines technology and science concepts for a grade 6 classroom! In this lesson, students develop a further understanding of objects that are found within space. Students will explore the world of coding to create a visual representation of themselves in space and what they might see on their trip! This lesson will be an excellent experience for my students. Within the grade 6 curriculum, components of space must be explored and understood. This project requires students to use critical thinking to determine what items must be in space and how they might move around in space. On top of the science that is explored through this lesson, coding is also a large part of the grade 6 curriculum. I would love to use this activity to introduce students to coding with the
Scratch website. Students explore different areas of coding throughout the year and this would be a great activity to start with as it has very basic coding. The students would be able to explore the different movements that can be made through coding and begin to build a foundational knowledge that they may build on!
Hi Ms.Medveszek,
ReplyDeleteYour integrated lesson plan is impressive! I love how you creatively combine science and coding, making learning engaging and relevant. The hands-on exploration of space and personal representation sounds like a fun activity that encourages critical thinking. I wish there was a part where you could incorporate opportunities for peer collaboration, which could enhance their learning experience and foster teamwork. Overall, this sounds like a fantastic experience for your students!
Hi Ms. M, the integration of technology and science is seamless! I love how engaging this lesson is for grad six students as they are exploring space, they are able to make meaningful connections. I also like how its encouraging students to to find objects in space how they move. I wonder if there could be incorporation of reflective activities or some group discussions around navigating Scratch.
ReplyDelete