Mini Technology Lesson

 


Lesson plan link 

My two classmates and I have created and taught a mini lesson! Our mini lesson consisted of utilizing technology, specifically the Canva website, to create a vision board in a grade six wellness class! Self monitoring, growth, and goal setting is very important within any classroom setting. By building a vision board, students would learn how to set proper, achievable goals, and track their progress throughout the school year. It is also a fun way to set goals as it has a more creative and visual aspect!

This lesson was quite hard to conduct. The planning process had went by quickly and easily but when it had came time to teach, my classmates and I had realized how short our time really was. Our lesson was very well planned but because Canva is a huge website that has many components, it is difficult to be able to complete a final product within a short amount of time. Although we found that the timing was short, we had so much fun teaching others how to use Canva to create a vision board and creating our own as well! Our peers were especially excited about the vision board at it is a calming activity that encourages self reflection, progress checks, and goal setting! Our peers gave the great suggestion that on top of creating a class example of a vision board, we should create our own vision boards and show that as an example as well! I do think that overall the lesson was a success, even if we had limited time!



Comments

  1. Hi Ms.Medveszek, this vision board project is very creative and a great lesson to do at the start of the year with your students. I love how you will be teaching students about SMART goals. I also love that you can incorporate technology into the lesson too. I wonder how the students will find it navigating through the website? Have fun with your mini-lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ms. M, the vision board project seems awesome, especially for this directed age group. I like how you and your classmates were using effective time management skills for when it came down to presenting this in front of your peers. I also like how seamlessly you were able to incorporate technology into something that should be prioritized more, specifically for this age group as well. I wonder if adding in a written component of the project that it would highten student engagement and allow them to think deeper about their visuals and 'why' behind them...?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Twitter Account

Technology Usage Within the K-9 School System